Duration: 1 day
Certificate valid for 3 years
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Safe Handling and Administration of Medication (RQF) provides candidates with an understanding of current medicines legislation and guidance, different types of medication, the storage and disposal of medication, and much more over this one-day course.
This regulated and nationally recognised qualification has been specifically designed for those who want to work in, or are looking to refresh their knowledge of, the safe handling and administration of medication within a health and social care setting, such as support workers or care workers.
- Understanding the benefits and risks of taking and/or not taking medication
- Legislation and guidance for the safe handling and administration of medication
- Requirements for patient confidentiality
- Common types of medication
- Different legal classifications of medication
- Different routes for the administration of medicines
- Roles and responsibilities in the use of medication
- Preparation, storage and safe disposal of medication
- The requirements for recording the use of medication
Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy